Banana Buckwheat Pancakes- dropping hints for a lovely breakfast
It’s a week like these that everyone scrambles to get their presents, ideas for cooking up an easy but impressive meal for their special one…..I for one am a control freak about my kitchen..where I’m most calm and feel zen…But that doesn’t stop me from expecting and nagging my boys to cook up something…well they try before I get quite impatient..does it sound like you??
This has become our staple weekend breakfast. Buckwheat is something I was introduced to by my blogger friend Deeba from PAB, it’s packed with some good nutritional values. The name can be deceiving, it has nothing to do with grass and wheat family. They belong to sorrel and rhubarb instead and play an important part in Japanese cuisine. Enough of my buckwheat story and let’s get on with the recipe……Enjoy a good Breakfast!!
BANANA BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cups Buckwheat Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp mini chocolate chip
1 cup mashed banana(2 large)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix all the flours+baking soda+baking powder+sugar+salt
2. Beat egg with buttermilk. Add vanilla extract, mashed banana and melted butter.
3. Mix the liquid with flours along with chocolate chips..
4. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
5. Heat a griddle, keep it on medium and make your pancakes with some butter.
6. Serve with fruits and good maple syrup.
I like this with whole wheat flour too, but the All purpose gives it the lightness.