PUMPKIN FUDGE/HALWA/ BURFI
It has been a while since I’ve posted and visited your page my friends. Well, now glad to be back in this space to wish you all a beautiful and colorful year ahead.
This truly is the Festival of lights in many ways to our family. We feel very blessed, especially this year.
Here’s to everyone’s great health and happiness with this yummilious fudgy twist on an Indian staple. Pumpkin Halwa. I kid you not when I say it’s better than the plain milk fudge/cake. Try it to find out.
Takes 40-45 minutes to cook
1-2 hrs to cool.
Keeps in the refrigerator for a week
Make about 20 small squares
1 16oz can of plain pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk powder
1/2 cup of almond meal
1 cup of full cream milk
1 cup of white sugar
1 stick of butter melted and browned a bit(clarified butter
a pinch of saffron
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1. In a thick bottomed pan, add the pumpkin puree, milk powder, almond meal and milk. Mix well and cook of medium low heat until the mixture comes to a very thick consistency. Make sure not to let the bottom burn.
2. Then add the sugar. Mix and cook again at a low temperature for about 10 minutes or until it is thick again.
3. Add the clarified butter and mix again and cook until the mixture leaves the sides.
4. Add the cardamom powder and saffron.
5. Mix well and pour it in a greased pan and top with sliced almonds. Let cool and cut to pieces.
Your comment are like rewards, please take a moment to give your feedback. Copyright 2013 – 2014 Food Fashion Party